If you are ordered into a Child Custody Evaluation, it's important that you are aware:
1. You have the right to reject the evaluator if you do not agree to terms of their evaluation contract. Pay particular attention to Dr. Perlmutter's fees.
2. You can find a mutually agreeable evaluator who is professional and unbiased.
3. You have the right to make an audio recording of the evaluation.
If you do contract Dr. Perlmutter to perform an evaluation, I recommend that you record every second of your time with him, and keep a complete record of all evidence you submit to him in any form.
You will likely find that he will produce a very long and dense report that may be quite selective in what it considers. If you attempt to challenge any of the facts, focus, or conclusions of the report you will have to pay Dr Perlmutter's fees of $400 per hour, for his preparatory, travel, and testimony time.
While in court you may find he will not make factual and professional statements that defend the welfare of children, but instead avoid addressing the questions, insert delay and obfuscate issues.
It seems reasonable to me that an evaluator who is confident that he is doing the right thing for the welfare of children would confidently and effectively explain the facts and logic behind his evaluation. I do not believe that is how Dr. Perlmutter operates. I believe he attempts to prolong the Child Custody process and have the court order more evaluations he can profit from.
If you would like to spare your family years of court proceedings, and tens of thousands of dollars, I suggest you look for someone who is not Dr. Perlmutter.
- Write Review About Family Court Judges
- Write Review About Divorce and Custody Attorneys
- Write Review About Supervised Visitation Monitors
- Write Review About Family Therapists
- Write Review About Minorâ€™s Counsel
- Write Review About Adoption and Foster Care Services
- Write Review About CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT of CHILD SUPPORT SERVICES
- Write Review About Child Protective Services
Kenneth B. Perlmutter
467 Hamilton Avenue
City: Palo Alto
Child custody evaluations.
Prefers parents to be violent, sexually abusive, and Perlmutter draws out conflicts for as long as possible to extract as many evaluations (and consequent fees) as possible.