My husband and I have issues with setting boundaries with his parents. During a marriage counseling session, I expressed that I didn’t want his mom in my bedroom. I explained that it made me uncomfortable when my mother in law entered my bedroom without knocking, and another time she helped herself to a nap in my bed. This is a huge violation of my privacy. I am entitled to boundaries with my in-laws.
Dr. Bayne told me I am “unreasonable” for not wanting my in-laws in my bedroom. She told me when she visits her own son/his wife they let her sleep in their bed, and that, “That’s what everybody should do.” She told me I have to basically just give in & appease my in-laws to make my husband happy. Ridiculous.
During another session she gave us equally terrible advice regarding my in-laws. This time I called her out on it. She smirked & told me that, “she’s the best in her field.”
She made things WORSE for my husband & I. We never set any goals & had no real direction with her. She inserted her personal opinions frequently, which should not happen in counseling. Very unprofessional.
- Write Review About Family Court Judges
- Write Review About Divorce and Custody Attorneys
- Write Review About Supervised Visitation Monitors
- Write Review About Family Therapists
- Write Review About Minor’s Counsel
- Write Review About Adoption and Foster Care Services
- Write Review About CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT of CHILD SUPPORT SERVICES
- Write Review About Child Protective Services
Dr. Helen Bayne
235 Singleton Ridge Road
State: South Carolina
Relationship Conflict Resolution, Family Conflict Resolution, Other
Notes have not been posted for this name/business.